The list of upcoming events is a public service of The Times News. Email [email protected], fax listing information to (423) 392-1385, or contact Evening Sports at (423) 392-1323 or 1-800-251-0328, ext. 4323. Include sport, dates, deadlines, location and contact details.
• ETSU PROSPECTS CAMPS, for Grades 9 to 12, will take place on July 24, August 21, September 5 and November 13-14, from 9 a.m. to noon, at Thomas Stadium. The cost is $ 150. For more information, visit etsubucs.com/fanzone/camps/.
• ETSU YOUTH SUMMER CAMP, for 5-13 year olds, is scheduled from July 26 to 29, from 9 a.m. to noon, at Thomas Stadium. The cost is $ 150. For more information, visit etsubucs.com/fanzone/camps/.
• YOUTH BASEBALL ASSOCIATION OF TENNESSEE The State Championship tournament for age groups 3-18 – rec division and open division, boys and girls – will be held July 23-25. To register your team, coaches should call (615) 319-8508 or (615) 890-1540. Go online at tybaball.com for more information.
• TRIBE BASEBALL 11 MINUS The team will be holding trials for the 2022 season on Saturday, July 31 at 10 a.m. at the Dobyns-Bennett Softball Field. Contact Lance Sawyer at (423) 367-8888, Lucas Henderson at (423) 963-0828 or Kelly Morton at (423) 306-9665 for more information.
• WOMEN’S UVA WISE BASKETBALL will host an elite camp for grades 8 to 12 on Saturday August 7th. The cost is $ 55 per camper if registered before August 3 and $ 70 thereafter. For more information, go online at uvawisewomensbasketball.totalcamps.com.
• BICYCLE POSSUM TOUR, offering 25 and 40 mile runs, is slated for Saturday, July 24 in Scott County. The pre-registration fee is $ 30; day of registration is $ 45. Pre-register at bikereg.com/tour-depossum-pb-edible-eats. Meet at Oak Glen Baptist Church, 2836 Yuma Road, Gate City. Registration opens at 7:30 a.m. on the day of the event and the hike begins at 9 a.m. For more information, visit the Tri-Cities Road Club Facebook page or call (423) 579-4321.
• UNICOI COUNTY THURSDAY Night lights The football camp, for levels 3-8, will take place on July 22, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., at Gentry Stadium in Erwin. The cost is $ 10 and campers are requested to pre-register for the camp hosted by the UCHS football staff with current and former Blue Devils players. For more information, send an email to [email protected]
FLAG FOOTBALL LEAGUE REGISTRATION starts August 2. Adult, Industrial and Open League teams are guaranteed eight games plus playoffs. A registration fee of $ 300 is due at the Coaches Meeting, which will be held August 16 at the Sugar Hollow Administrative Office in Bristol, Virginia. The season kicks off on August 23 and all games will take place Monday night. To register, call Shawn at (423) 416-9606.
• UVA WISE COMMUNITY SPRING SWING Golf tournament, sponsored by Ballad Health, will be held Friday July 23 at the Lonesome Pine Country Club in Big Stone Gap. All profits are donated to the UVA Wise Alumni Association. Registration will begin at 8 a.m., followed by a shotgun start at 9 a.m. The registration fee is $ 100 and sponsorships are available. For a registration package, contact the Alumni Engagement Office at (276) 328-0128 or email [email protected]
• NIGHT HIKING ON WATER LEVELS will begin at 9 p.m. on Thursday, July 22 at Warriors Path State Park in Kingsport. Bring a dim flashlight and drive to the camp store to carpool to the start of the hike.
• HIKING ON THE “WAHOO” TRAIL Friday, July 23, starting at 9 a.m. at Warriors Path State Park in Kingsport. Wear good walking shoes and comfortable clothing, and bring drinking water for this strenuous 4 mile hike. Meet at the mountain bike trail parking lot.
• RIDGETOP HIKING will begin at 9 a.m. on Saturday, July 24 at Warriors Path State Park in Kingsport. Wear good hiking boots and bring water for this fairly short but very steep hike. Meet at the mountain bike trail parking lot.
• SUNSET HIKING is scheduled for Saturday, July 24, starting at 8 p.m., at Warriors Path State Park in Kingsport. Head to the camp store to carpool to the start of this short but rather steep hike. sound a flashlight to come down.
• MARATHON AND HALF MARATHON, sponsored by Lane Group in honor of its 25th anniversary, will be held on July 31 in Abingdon. The race will start near the Virginia Creeper Trailhead. For more information, go online at thelanegroupinc.net/marathon.
• RAILROAD DAYS 5K, 3 mile Power Walk and 1 mile Fun Walk will take place on Saturday August 7 in the Appalachians. The pre-registration fee is $ 10 for the walks and $ 14 for the 5K. Contact Randy Blair at (276) 565-0406 or (276) 455-9621 or PO BOX 302, Appalachia, VA 24216.
• INAUGURAL 5K MEMORIAL: Jogging for Jess will take place on Saturday, August 15, starting at 8 a.m., with a start and finish at the First Baptist Church in Greeneville. The event – a fundraiser for the Jessica Colter Memorial Scholarship, which goes to ETSU nursing students – includes a 5k run / walk and activities for all ages. Jogging for Jess Run / Walk costs $ 25 per person for in-person or virtual runners. Registration is available online at jessicacolterscholarship.com or on the WeRunEvents.com calendar. The day of registration is $ 30.
• 15th BAYS MOUNTAIN TRAIL RACE is scheduled for Saturday, September 18, starting at 8 a.m. at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. This 15 mile Skelton Law Racing Series event is the 2021 RRCA Tennessee State Cross Country Championship as well as part of the SFTC King & Queen competition, Trail Series competition and Long Distance Series. Contact Race Director Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or [email protected]
• VIRTUAL CAREER RUN 5K, a fundraiser for Big Brothers Big Sisters of East Tennessee, will take place in October. As part of the virtual format, participants can run or walk 5 kilometers anywhere and anytime from midnight on October 9 to 11:55 p.m. on October 18. Go online at tennesseebig.org/events to learn more and to register.
• 19th SURGOINSVILLE 10 MILLER The road race is scheduled for Saturday, October 16, starting at 8 a.m. at Surgoinsville Middle School. This Skelton Law Racing Series event is the 2021 RRCA Tennessee State 10 Mile Championship as well as part of the SFTC King & Queen competition and the long distance series. Contact Race Director Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or [email protected]
• BUCS SOCCER ACADEMY ID CLINIQUE, for male high school players and up, is July 24 at ETSU’s Summers Taylor Stadium. Cost $ 150. For more information, visit etsubucs.com/fanzone/camps/.
• BUCS SOCCER ACADEMY ID CLINIQUE, for high school players and up, is July 25 at ETSU’s Summers Taylor Stadium. The cost is $ 225 for Friday and Saturday and $ 160 for Saturday only. For more information, visit etsubucs.com/fanzone/camps/.
• TUSCULUM SOFTBALL PROSPECT CAMP will take place Sunday, August 29, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., at JC Red Edmonds Field. The registration fee is $ 125 and must be paid by Wednesday August 25 and the camp is limited to the first 50 applicants. For more information, contact trainer Julie Huebner at [email protected] or call (423) 636-7300 ext. 5131. Applications and payment address can be found online at tusculumpioneers.com under the Softball tab.
• BLUE DEVILS VOLLEYBALL CAMP, for girls and boys in Kindergarten to Grade 10, July 26-28 at Gate City Gymnasium. Session 1, Kindergarten to Grade 6, runs from 9 a.m. to noon. Session 2, for years 7 to 10, runs from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. The cost is $ 40 per camper. Registration forms can be picked up from the Gate City High School office or contact coach Amy Reed at [email protected] for more information.
• ETSU YOUTH SUMMER CAMP, for boys and girls ages 6 to 12, July 26-27, 9 a.m. to noon, at Brooks Gym. Cost $ 125; registration begins at 8:30 am For more information, visit etsubucs.com/fanzone/camps/.
• ALL SKILLS ETSU CAMP, for boys and girls ages 12-18, July 26-27, 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., at Brooks Gym and ETSU CPA. The cost is $ 150; registration begins at 8:15 am For more information, visit etsubucs.com/fanzone/camps/.